Saturday, February 26

Inclement weather

This cold snap only serves to show up the inadequacies of both our weather forecasters and local councils.

Firstly, one can get a clearer picture of the upcoming weather by simply nailing a piece of seaweed to one's property. Countless times the weathermen and weathergirls said the snow was going to get worse in the south east, but did it? Did it heck. We did get a heavy sprinkling of the white stuff but it was hardly Arctic conditions.

Having said that, the local council really does need to start salting the pavements of our towns and villages. Some of them were quite treacherous. Of course, I feel extremely safe when I'm pootling around in my trusty Volvo, but put me on the icy boardwalk and I fear I may fall and break my sternum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home