Wednesday, December 8

The Pantiles Christmas weekend

Well, I have to comment on the weeekend event held in The Pantiles of Tunbridge Wells. The local paper (The Courier) set up an outdoor ice skating rink amidst great fanfare. To be honest, they shouldn't have bothered and certainly should have restrained from blowing their own trumpet with such force. For a start, the rink was quite small. Secondly, it was very busy with lots of children eager to play on it. And lastly, there was no ice. It was just a job-load of 'shiny' chipboard. I drove down especially from Crowborough with my old ice-skating boots, eager to show my wife that I could still hit the mustard. All I got was the usual, 'go home grandad' chants. Needless to say, I shall be writing a letter of complaint to The Courier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home