Tuesday, April 27

Greetings from Hawaii!Hotel Molokai
Well, I have managed to track down an internet-enabled computer here in Hawaii in order that I can report back to the homeland. My wife and I are having a enjoyable time at the Hotel Molokai

I was suppose to meet a native fishing guide, Walter, through the Hotel Molokai yesterday, but there had been some emergency on Oahu. We toured the island and looked at the flats. This is probably the best area in the Hawiian
Islands for flats fishing for bonefish and trevally. I take to a guy that owned a kayak rental business called Fun Hogs. He caught bones with a spinning outfit using a strip of squid and a small sliding sinker rig. We waded out in the flats
but didn't know quite where to go and the tide seemed high when we out there. The flats are on the entire south shore of the island. I think that if you got hold of the Fun Hogs and Walter while you were there for a week you could get
some action. Summer might be better flats temperatures for bones to be on the flats?? Wind is less also. Have some #4/6 Pearl, Gold and Pearl Orange Charlies with chrome lead eyes as the water looked a little deeper than Christmas.

I also wanted to mention the work of the campaign to save the Caves of Crowborough which is continuing in my absence. I gather that one can now download a poster highlighting the plight of the Caves. I urge everyone in the locality to go to the site and display the poster in a prominent place.

Thank you,

Howard

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home