Monday, June 20

In these times of starving Africans, cricket people are wasting water in Tunbridge Wells

I had to journey to London today for a drapery industry reunion, in order to meet some good old pals of mine. I parked my Volvo on Tunbridge Wells Common, near the Linden Park cricket ground - there's always ample free space there. As I ambled down to catch my train drive, I spotted a water sprinkler in action, dowsing the wickets. I thought this was fair enough, as the wickets did look a bit sticky.

Imagine my surprise, as after my day out in the City, I returned to see the silly groudsman persist in flooding the pitch with yet more water. It was absolutely soaked! This is just not cricket. I shall be writing to the CCC (and Southern Water) to complain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home