Tuesday, February 25

New 'banner image'
I would like to thank Laurie, a friend of my youngest grandson Peter. Laurie has kindly designed and created my new "banner image" which you can see at the top of this page. The design is all his own work and I'm sure you'll agree that he has done rather well for himself. The only thing I would pick at is the "official" reference. There are many Howard Thompsons out there, but if my views of the common man can somehow represent half of the other Howards out there, I will be happy.

In return, Laurie has asked me to mention his band "Immune". They are an emo-grunge three-piece from Eastbourne, in East Sussex, influenced mainly by Tool, Boyhitscar and Far, but feel their style is their own. They have played at venues in and around Eastbourne, including The Forum in Tunbridge Wells. They are currently rehearsing new material and recording their debut EP.

Like me, they have a website which is here: www.immunesilenced.cjb.net/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home